Monday, October 18, 2010

Simple Things.

It still amazes me how much God truly cares for the little things. For a month now I have been wanting to have a homeless outreach day. So I had asked people if they wanted to join and tried to get food organized so that the homeless could experience love. However a month of only semi planning it (mainly because my work and school schedule took up to much of my time), the week came to when I wanted to go. That Wednesday and Thursday all the people that wanted to go and the friends I was going to spend time with in Houston had all canceled. So I still decided to drive up to see one of my friends before they went off for a camping trip. That morning I randomly packed 3 sandwiches and had more than enough food but thought I would stay for a while. However while stuck in downtown Houston, I just wanted to give the food to at least one homeless person and show them love. Thinking my plans were ruined I still went to see my friend. I finally arrived at my destination and was trying to find a candy shoppe, when randomly there was a homeless man who I was able to give the two uneaten sandwiches to. My heart was filled, and hopefully his tummy was too! Then to make things even better. I stopped at Starbucks to wait out rush hour traffic. I was meditating upon His complete goodness and care for the small things. I was desiring a good cup of coffee, read some of Acts and really wanted some fellowship. Turns out that God had such an idea. I entered into a marvelous conversation with one of the baristas and she was telling me all these marvelous stories of how she as a single woman would walk along the streets of Chicago unarmed and alone. She would experience the life of homelessness in one of the worst places but she was completely safe. It was just all so wonderful. God cares so much about the little things. He desires our hearts and romances them in every way possible. How Great is He and worthy of all praise.

1 comment:

  1. I miss being able to help homeless people. I really don't see any here...they are either in shelters or places where you cannot tell if they are homeless. I would hesitate to visit at some of the soup kitchens as there has been (sometimes with a gun) violence. I need to think of a way besides prayer that I can help...or go to cities where I have been able to help previously. Thank you for making me think.

    ReplyDelete